海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 浅谈投资,两周以来美国股市正在经历一个小的Rally. 花旗的股价已
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 浅谈投资,两周以来美国股市正在经历一个小的Rally. 花旗的股价已   
所跟贴 Msft has tons of cash and no one penny long term debt! -- ceo/cfo - (0 Byte) 2008-4-29 周二, 08:24 (469 reads)
BinarySuan

头衔: 海归少尉
声望: 讲师

加入时间: 2008/01/05
文章: 777
来自: 0 and 1
海归分: 2238

文章标题: Before, I was swayed by the analysts, Now (520 reads)      时间: 2008-4-29 周二, 10:35   

作者:BinarySuan海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

I agree with you and definetly think your opinion is GOLDEN Smile

Last week while I was doing dishes and watching CNBC's discussion of YHOO and MSFT, a thought popped up to my mind after hearing just about every analyst said MSFT would raise the price. The stock was below 29, and I thought in a few days the deal would be done at above 31, so I bought 800 shares of YHOO.

After one day and one night of struggle and trying to broadcast my
stand point on the message board. I gave up, took in a $700 loss.
It was a good thing I sold it, it was 26 something now. It was a pure hot headed gamble without research on my side, thinking in a few days could bring a 10% return. And I betted on Steve Ballmer --- looked like a determined guy, if he wanted something to be done, it would be done --- no matter what.

I learned my lesson -- quite a few in this transaction.

I think MSFT's future isn't as bright as before given the number -- 11% profit down comparing same period last year. Judging from this bidding activity, Steve Ballmer revealed he was kind of incompetant as CEO of MSFT in my opinion. First he created enemy by threatening, then he took his own words back on the spot while answering a journalist in Milhan, and now the world is waiting for his action, and there is no action yet.

I don't think YHOO and MSFT merger would bring tremendous advantage to MSFT. At first I thought so without much thinking. It seemed obvious. Now, I don't think so.

I thought about Xiamen Turtle's signature: 大千世界争是不争,不争是争.
Every company comes to this world with a distinctive culture, it is quite an impossible job to feize two cultures together and bring two top notch
branches within one company -- YHOO #1 in internet adevertisement and MSFT #1 in software. Is it possible to define and build another GE in the internet age? Appprantely, at this moment, I don't think so. If you are not ready, not readily defined, 大千世界争是不争,不争是争.

Thank you for your posts above, appreciate it. Mr. Green

作者:BinarySuan海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[原创]可以做投资移民的项目 美国西部金矿小投资 海归商务 2014-6-29 周日, 12:42
[转帖]菲律宾反华游行策划人曝光 在中国投资的女商人(图) 美国倍顺集团(... 海归商务 2012-5-13 周日, 08:40
[分享]美国EB5投资移民项目与美国政府相关优惠政策和资金支持 投资移民 2012-3-22 周四, 14:11
汇丰控股投资人称该银行美国分部可能将破产 海归主坛 2008-3-31 周一, 14:45
推荐内部职位:软件开发及调试工程师,公司属于美国上市公司全资子公司 海归职场 2006-10-21 周六, 14:54
寻投资伙伴共同开发国内市场--2D,3D数字地图/导航,移动通信增值服务 海归论坛 2003-10-26 周日, 09:28
ZT: 路透新闻: 中信领头, 将SSRX.O 从美国退市 海归商务 2013-2-25 周一, 13:38
马上将回美国,正在重温美国股市,打算重操旧业。也一直在深刻反省,怎么会在 海归主坛 2009-8-25 周二, 11:27

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 BinarySuan离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.