海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖]Summer of "Love" Ad - Old dog needs to learn new tricks!
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖]Summer of "Love" Ad - Old dog needs to learn new tricks!   
抢注G8
[博客]

头衔: 海归中校

头衔: 海归中校
声望: 教授
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2007/02/17
文章: 836
来自: 苏州
海归分: 52976

文章标题: [转帖]Summer of "Love" Ad - Old dog needs to learn new tricks! (1832 reads)      时间: 2008-7-10 周四, 02:46   

作者:抢注G8海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

McCain's Summer of "Love" Ad: Pass the Ammunition. But hold the Hope.
Posted by: David Kiley on July 08

<ob<x>ject><param></param><param></param></ob<x>ject>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpyOSLZw8qo

Imagine my surprise when I looked in my e-mail and saw that the McCain campaign issued an ad titled “Love.”

What will this be, I thought. The softer side of John M.?
It is another biographical ad that talks up McCain being shot down and held captive. And his love of country is briefly juxtaposed against the “Summer of Love.”

The ongoing storyline, the subtext, being painted in McCain’s ad is this: This is no time to go with Junior (Obama).

“John McCain: Shot down. Bayoneted. Tortured. Offered early release, he said, “No.” He’d sworn an oath” (We are supposed to contrast this with Obama “breaking his oath” to adopt public financing for the Fall campaign).

“His philosophy: before party, polls and self … America. A maverick, John McCain tackled campaign reform, military reform, spending reform.He took on presidents, partisans and popular opinion.”

One thing that has bothered me for months about this line of marketing McCain is this: In 2004, McCain was in full throated disagreement with George Bush over the conduct of the occupation of Iraq and the Bush tax cuts at a time of war/occupation. There was a time during that campaign when there was an open question about whether McCain would stay on the sidelines, and not actively campaign for or even endorse Bush. But McCain was approached by Bush operatives and was told if he came off the sidelines, he would get their help in 2008. That chain of events led to this:

It seems to many McCain followers that the Senator did put party and his own ambition ahead of what he was advocating at the time for the country.

John McCain doesn’t always tell us what we “hope” to hear. Beautiful words cannot make our lives better.“

Hmmm. This is out of the Clinton playbook of trying to ridicule Obama for being a gifted orator. You know what the thing is about a powerful, well crafted political speech? It moves and captivates people. In the cases of Clinton’s Howard Wolfson and now the McCain campaign, they have foolishly tried, in the absence of their own candidates’ gifts, to ridicule Obama’s gift.

Who workshopped that? Did focus groups actually respond well to criticizing and even ridiculing the obvious gifts of a candidate? It seems like a very poor play to run from scrimmage as the Clintons can attest.

John McCain is correct to emphasize his compelling biography. But as I have said before, one wonders what his captivity has to do with $4.50 a gallon gas and cratering home values. he plays the POW card so much, it gets reduced to yada yada status after a while. And that is a shame.

Don’t “hope” for a better life. Vote for one.

Yikes. Don’t hope? Mario Cuomo, I believe it was, said you campaign in poetry and govern in prose. McCain could use a new writer.

作者:抢注G8海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[转帖] 一篇关于"大重置"计划的震撼演说 海归主坛 2022-9-27 周二, 07:09
[转帖]Martin Wolf -- "How Chin... 海归商务 2011-6-15 周三, 11:48
[转帖]中国"海外炒房族"口述实录:成功率低 道路还长... 美国房地产 2011-6-06 周一, 14:34
[转帖]李庄"漏罪案"一审辩护词 海归商务 2011-4-22 周五, 09:01
给斜阳点冷水:转帖一个 "姜文那一哆嗦---《让子弹飞》观后&q... 海归酒吧 2010-12-23 周四, 09:32
[转帖]唐骏"学历门"再升级:唐骏爽约 方舟子&quo... 海归主坛 2010-7-13 周二, 14:19
[转帖]中国"黑户"成日本银幕英雄:人生绝不可以放弃! 海归茶馆 2009-12-06 周日, 22:18
[转帖]遇到"坏"老板下属易得心脏病 海归主坛 2009-10-30 周五, 08:27

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 抢注G8离线  发送站内短信
  • [转帖]Summer of "Love" Ad - Old dog needs to learn new tricks! -- 抢注G8 - (3359 Byte) 2008-7-10 周四, 02:46 (1832 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.