海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: Did anyone see Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Investor's Road Trip, which is written by?
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 Did anyone see Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Investor's Road Trip, which is written by?   
易铂清

头衔: 海归上士

加入时间: 2005/12/23
文章: 26

海归分: 1454

文章标题: Did anyone see Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Investor's Road Trip, which is written by? (1210 reads)      时间: 2005-12-23 周五, 10:59   

作者:易铂清海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Jim Rogers. He is a great investor in our century, in my opinion.

Look at the part that he comment when he was in China, it is very insightful in fact.

The following is extracted from page 71:
"... The child ate almost none of his dinner, which came as no surprise to his parents. Nor was it a surprise to Mr. Yuan when his son asked for three desserts. Paige and I thought this was a joke of some kind, until Mr. Yuan and his wife indulged the boy's request.
"My goodness, Mr. Yuan," Paige said, "my parents certainly would make me finish one dessert before ordering another."

I mention this episode, not because I find spoiled children particularly interesting, but to make a point about Chinese children in general, most of whom, I noticed, are spoiled rotten. ..."

Depending on my experience, because one child policy, many chinese parents did overvalue their only child. On the one hand, they let their kid have too many luxury consumable goods. On the other hand, they regulate their child in a very strict way. I guess this is one of the reasons why many chinese children who start to study overseas become very flaunt and rebel very despitefully and despairingly.

Because in China some of children rarely have a part-time work such as waiter or salesman when they was in high school. (Sometimes, even they wish, but too many tasks and homework which were appointed by parents and teachers make it impossible.) So they lack of basic living skills, including communication skills and teamwork, which could enable them survive without the support of parents.

They know that not only they will live hard without their parents, but also their parents love them so so so much. So many of them dicide to accept their parents' forced regulations and big money. Once they escape far away from their parents, every rule which was imposed on them by their parents has no effect as well as before. They will forget what they were told and do something bad.

In fact, nobody wants to be regulated. This is one of human nature, I believe. If the parents communicate more with their child, I think that will be better. I have read the book "素质教育在美国", which is written by 黄全愈. I recommend it. He is from the US and lived there for years.

In my mind, many parents consider their children like a product or their possession rather a human with personality. They prefer to make the child like what they think, rather than let the child be what they naturally should be. Sometimes, the way to hell is made of good intentions.

Another very interesting event is about Ding Junhui, who is a brilliant chinese snooker. He is only 18 years old and he did have beaten a lot of great world-class snookers. If you are interested, ask his father how him enable his son so successfully.

Anyway, hold down the expectation for others, the life will be better, and you will be better.

作者:易铂清海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
MMOexp: Acquire FIFA 23 Coins for You... 海归商务 2023-9-06 周三, 15:14
[原创]Investor Relations Director(SH or... 金融财务 2011-7-12 周二, 16:27
猎头职位:Investor Relations Director Beij... 海归职场 2010-6-05 周六, 08:33
猎头职位:Beijing Investor Relat... 海归职场 2010-5-21 周五, 22:32
Investor Alert over Suspect Chinese I... 海归主坛 2010-3-02 周二, 14:54
Angel Investor looking for good project 海归主坛 2010-2-25 周四, 04:33
[转帖]Contrarian Investor Sees Economic... 海归主坛 2010-1-09 周六, 15:40
[原创]风险资本的风险 VC - Venture Capitalist o... 海归主坛 2009-5-26 周二, 15:08

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 易铂清离线  发送站内短信
  • Did anyone see Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Investor's Road Trip, which is written by? -- 易铂清 - (2901 Byte) 2005-12-23 周五, 10:59 (1210 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.