海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 创业随感(1)
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 创业随感(1)   
Hoobastank
[博客]
[个人文集]

游客

文章标题: 创业随感(1) (2549 reads)      时间: 2004-5-07 周五, 04:58      

作者:游客海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

i am a newcomer here. make a long story short, i started a technlogy business last year(yeah, i know, a lot of people just get turned off by such buzz words Smile). i did it because that is what i am good at and love doing. i would like to share my experience with rest of you. i am thinking to put some stuff in my blog, stay tuned. more importantly, DONT take what i said personally; DONT count on my writting very often, i will try my best to keep you guys posted as things go along.

i dont want to get involved in discussion if we should go back and stay wherever you are or if we should quit job to be an entrepreneur, it should be your own decision only.

when you consider starting a business you shouldn't think about how big the financial reward would be. it should be your passion, which makes the world better place and makes your dream come true. the bottom line, just follow where your heart is. regardless you become "someone" or stay just average joe, as long as you are happy, that is life all about.

IMHO, if you are starting up a technology business, us is the best place to be, period. market is right there, if you have right idea and plan, everything else should fall though. i went back to china a couple times, here are something i found:
1. labor isn't as cheap as everyone else said. i dont know other place, but in bj a guy with BS( CS, EE,or engineering relate field) would have $500 at least with one year experience. even a guy right out school without any working experience would ask for $400. a bunch of them asked for $800 to $1000/month even higher.
2. it is hard to find qualified people. anyway, here is a trick, at first i interviewed a bunch of people, one old guy with some experience seemed ok ,at least from his conversion talking about J2EE stuff. i didnt put him in a test which i should have. after he started working, i found out he didn't know how to code a simple jsp login page ! also he is a slow learner. eventually i felt sad and had to let him go even he is old and has a family to support. trust me, that afternoon, i felt sad, i dont know how to express my felling then, hopefully you guys understand my blended frustration and being upset. later on, i found his name from a computer training school, i felt cheated. all this tells you, you need to trust what you see not what you hear! from that, i always put potential employee into a computer test, first theory and design technique, then coding, such as,write me a B-tree algorithm in whatever language you perfer. it would surprise you, that 9 of 10 would fail my test! no shit, i dont know what they are studying in school. later on i found one who seemed ok, i signed him a project, after he had done i checked out his code, believe me or not, i pulled my hair!!!even so he asked me for a raise, could you believe this? i trashed what he did, i have to spend 3 nights to bang it out myself.
it seems that it is pretty hard to hire someone who is qualified and willing to work in a small startup envrironment. what else could i conclude from all of those drama?

to be continued .....

alright, enough for today, keyboard is smoking Smile, any feedback is welcome, no harsh feeling, fella

作者:游客海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
创业随感(4)--国内淘金必读 海归论坛 2004-5-12 周三, 05:26
创业随感(3) 海归论坛 2004-5-11 周二, 06:31
白手起家吴长江 用“雷士”照亮创业人生(转) 海归商务 2012-7-14 周六, 20:45
《丹尼回国创业记》(序)by 学人 海归主坛 2010-2-08 周一, 21:40
海归创业谈(5):技术熟练者的创业路经(三)-做最少的环节 海归主坛 2010-1-06 周三, 10:12
海归创业谈(4):技术熟练者的创业路径(二)-走技工贸还是贸工技道路的商业逻辑 海归主坛 2010-1-05 周二, 13:57
海归创业谈(3):技术熟练者的创业路径(一) 海归主坛 2010-1-04 周一, 16:47
创业周年(二) 创业论坛 2006-11-06 周一, 12:17

返回顶端
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.