海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖]奥巴马也羞于提清洁能源
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖]奥巴马也羞于提清洁能源   
cbp

头衔: 海归少校

头衔: 海归少校
声望: 学员
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2005/02/12
文章: 768
来自: 加拿大
海归分: 11291

文章标题: [转帖]奥巴马也羞于提清洁能源 (1943 reads)      时间: 2011-9-13 周二, 21:13   

作者:cbp海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Obama's Jobs Speech Shows Clean Energy Isn't the "Cool Kid" Anymore
By Jennifer Runyon | September 9, 2011
Well, one thing is for sure. Solyndra’s recent bankruptcy filing cemented the removal of the words “solar energy” from President Obama’s speech to Congress last night when he laid out his American Jobs Act. That is, if it was in there in the first place.

He didn’t even use the word “energy” in the speech although he did make mention of biofuels and fuel-efficient vehicles.

My guess is that the word “semiconductor” in this statement was supposed to say solar panels.

If we provide the right incentives, the right support — and if we make sure our trading partners play by the rules — we can be the ones to build everything from fuel-efficient cars to advanced biofuels to semiconductors that we sell all around the world. That’s how America can be number one again. And that’s how America will be number one again.

What he talked a lot about was how he was going to boost the America economy through tax relief, infrastructure investment and assistance for the long-term unemployed.

While more specific details of the American Jobs Act remain a mystery, some news outlets are reporting that part of the plan involves paying for the job growth measures through the repeal of oil and gas tax incentives. We’ll see how that works out.

And whether or not the deal will go through (many organizations are predicting that it won’t), it’s sad to me that the man that trumpeted a clean energy economy so wholeheartedly, quickly abandoned it for fear of political backlash.

Because the truth is that solar energy is creating jobs. Next month The Solar Foundation will release its second National Solar Jobs Census, which is expected to reveal that the industry employs 100,000 American workers, up from 93,000 last year. We’ll be sure to get the scoop at Solar Power International when the census comes out.

Solar Fred blogged this week on RenewableEnergyWorld.com that “After Solyndra and Evergreen…We’re Still Here, Yo!” He reminded us in the post that:

Solyndra and Evergreen have simply joined the club of pharmaceuticals, oil and gas companies, coal plants, and ethanol plants that have received some type of government support and failed. And let's not forget nuclear power plants that perpetually go over budget, requiring never-ending government support. Our government picks winners all the time, but sometimes the horse doesn't even show.

He asked for solar companies to leave their names in the comments section to show just how many companies are in the industry. If you have a solar company and you haven’t done it yet, please do so here.

In the end, relating to the speech, I was very encouraged to hear Obama get tough with Congress. I think he said, “You should pass this” 17 times or something. But as someone who works in the renewable energy industry, I couldn’t help but feel like the one everyone all of the sudden decides is the “out kid” in school.

Government investment in renewables will continue. Recent announcements of renewable energy funding touch on all clean energy technologies and all stages of development. It’s still a winning plan and I believe the U.S. government stands behind it.

I just wish they’d sit next to me, too.

作者:cbp海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[转帖]奥巴马为何对中国光电板很客气? 海归商务 2012-3-29 周四, 11:11
[转帖] 奥巴马幕僚:中美反目将成世界灾难 海归商务 2012-3-25 周日, 14:49
[转帖]奥巴马国情咨文:建立永续发展的经济模式 海归商务 2012-1-25 周三, 20:14
[转帖]奥巴马说创造绿色就业 投资移民 2011-11-28 周一, 20:16
[转帖]奥巴马和茶党赢了,国会和特委会输了 海归商务 2011-8-02 周二, 10:17
[转帖]奥巴马:美国正迎来新的“卫星时刻” 海归商务 2010-12-08 周三, 15:02
[转帖]奥巴马致信成都一名热心市民感谢其提供堵漏油方法 海归主坛 2010-6-11 周五, 10:20
[转帖]奥巴马说漏嘴:中国人如果富裕起来会让全世界陷入悲惨 海归主坛 2010-5-07 周五, 10:52

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 cbp离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件 浏览发表者的主页 MSN Skype帐号
  • [转帖]奥巴马也羞于提清洁能源 -- cbp - (3325 Byte) 2011-9-13 周二, 21:13 (1943 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.