海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 原创: 融入主流的Charlie (三)--信仰(上)
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 原创: 融入主流的Charlie (三)--信仰(上)   
所跟贴 原创: 融入主流的Charlie (三)--信仰(上) -- 谁的未来不是梦 - (2926 Byte) 2006-5-08 周一, 08:58 (6627 reads)
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2005/06/06
文章: 5263
来自: 外星
海归分: 664766

文章标题: my comments (793 reads)      时间: 2006-5-08 周一, 21:42   

作者:250海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

i have been busy working on several projects, thus missed quite some from here. someone mentioned to me about this post here, so i just came back and read breifly the post, i think this is a real good subject and glad many are discussing from different angles....

my thought on this:

question 1: what is mainstream amaerica? if you do not define it clearly for yourself and by yourself, you cannot really achieve your own objective, now can you?

for this question, the answer varies in many ways: one, geographic differencies both vertically between different economic social groups and herizontally between the social groups devided by other elements

for instance: would you define those in east Manhattan as main stream or would you define the guys in a small town missisippi as main stream? of course whereever your are located, that makes a difference, at least geographically. then, there are those elite high above the middle class (which is another variation by itself in different part of USA), suppose you actually have more in common with those in that groups in terms of interest and protocol or even partially in life styles (but not in terms of income) and you would appear to be rising above the so called main stream geographically
where you are...you talk to the B & W folks and try to be political just so that they do not get offended by your better knowledge, better life style and more exposures to the life style of "high society"...are then in the main stream or not?

not everything is perfect in thsi country, just as not in any other country. but one thing i sure love the most about this country is the fact this is a country you prove your talent and power and go straight to the top. but on your way to there, you need to learn and follow certain protocols which is what separate groups and form a social circle by itself. where do you see yourself belong to? get into that protocol thing and act accordingly.

main stream...does it mean statistically the majority of the country? or does it mean those in smaller group but controlling more resources and thus in much more powerful positions than others?

a white guy came out of NYC to texas would be culturally an immigrant, unless he joint some big oil or chemical companies, he would have to learn our red neck cultural protocol" and vise versa. it is not just a chinese thing!

i believe you can keep your cultural identify and still fit in as long as you follow the protocols of which ever social group you are in or you project to move into

question 2: what criteria help to identify if someone already fit into the main stream if we know how to define the latter already? does it mean we just got accepted as one of them? or does that mean we are actually come way above them?

by my own experiences dealing with people, i really do not care they have indian or vienamese or russian accents when they speak english, what makes me feel that they are foreign to me is that they "act weird"! now what does that mean? that means they are not following the same protocol you expect them to: you say or do something and you actually expect the respond in certain range. but if they acted outside that range, you are confused so you accuse them being "foreign" in fact if in this city i am in where most do follow the same protocol, and you don't, even if you were born and raised in the big apple, you are a foreigner to us in this city. but if we are in india or vietnam or russia, and we acti in accordance with our culture from this dear city, then we will be foreign by being weird.

so there, the thing is about the protocol.

question 3. how do you get there if you defined and now cleared on the main stream thing and what consititute a fit...well work on getting acquainted with the protocol of whichever social group you are geographically located at or where you would like to see yourself in. the rest, if you ask me, is all, nonsense. Who gives?!

i appologize but cannot go on about it much further, as got some jobs to do.

might check back later, if you guys stay active on the subject.

10-4

作者:250海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
原创: 融入主流的Charlie (二)--身世 海归论坛 2006-5-08 周一, 03:35
原创: 融入主流的Charlie (一)--身边的故事 海归论坛 2006-5-07 周日, 05:45
融入主流的Charlie (四)--信仰(下) 海归论坛 2006-5-11 周四, 12:33
[原创]意大利北部流浪记(第一站) :米兰,和Paulo Coelho的新书 风情茶馆 2010-8-04 周三, 04:54
11月12日举行深圳创业投融资交流会,速报名参加 创业论坛 2005-11-08 周二, 05:56
小周原创:《佛科学研究》第三章:佛就是普通人 海归茶馆 2007-9-11 周二, 18:01
雷军:创业要融到花不完的钱 海归商务 2014-10-12 周日, 10:22
硅谷归客李天放:一个技术流赌徒 卖掉车房创业 海归商务 2014-4-25 周五, 20:48

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 250离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.